You can divide the most commonly used carpentry tools into two categories. The first category is electric and the second is pneumatic (air). Though large industries use tools and machines that are powered with hydraulic or fuel but the commonly used tools are connected with the best air compressor and are an ideal source of inspiration for person who is into DIY projects. Let us try to discuss more about the normal electric power tools used during DIY projects because most of the DIYers start their work with such tools and consider them as initial wardrobe of power and reliable tools. If you are planning to buy a set of reliable carpentry tools then make sure to equip yourself with complete and detailed knowledge. Anything unknown can lead to wrong purchase and it can produce scary results. This could be another reason we only buy things that we are sure of such as measuring tape and a drill driver. It is quite obvious that it may lead to increase the price and it can further affect the decision as well.
Important information about air compressors
The best thing about air compressors is that they are very simple as well as easy to use. After learning about few excellent and reliable tips, you can easily make best tool purchase. Let us try to find more about the benefits as well as drawbacks of an air compressor :
- The foremost benefit is that there are fewer moving parts. This makes the air tools as the most durable tools and long lasting as compared to electric tools.
- Another major benefit of using air tools is that the compressed air can be used until depletion and can also be used during power cut. This is perfect for places which experience frequent power cuts.
- You can connect a large or auxiliary air tank as per your requirement. If you have some major work to do then large air tanks should be preferred otherwise auxiliary air tanks are sufficient.
- As compared to electric tools, air tools are lighter. One of the main reasons why these tools are lighter is because the compressor acts as a separate unit. It simply sits on the floor because of higher power-to-weight-ratio. All you need to do is to connect a thin but powerful cord.
- The only drawback offered by air tools is noise. Although the latest air compressors come with built-in noise reduction features but still they are noisy as compared to other tools. One of the best things that can help you save from hearing loss is to use high quality ear plugs while working.
So, now that you are pretty excited about buying a pneumatic compressor, you should also learn about few more important points such as:
- One of the most important points to consider is the type of air tool to be used with the compressor. There are certain tools such as grinders and air sanders which require compressed air with sustained output. For getting such controlled output, you need to make sure that compressor comes with cubic-feet-per-minute reading arrangements. Consider this as the most vital thing so that you can use those special air tools with confidence and accuracy.
- You should also feel concerned about the power consumption. If you are comparing two machines with equal pressure and production rates then always buy the machine which requires less power. You will be able to save considerable amount of money.
- You must also compare the noise levels which are generally measured in decibels (dB). It is quite obvious that you want your neighbors to be happy and hence always go for machines with less noise. Otherwise, be ready to use air plugs and inform your neighbors in advance.
Finally, you should compare the prices. High price does not means that the compressor is awesome and hence, you should properly consider everything such as reviews, feedback, power of the device, output. You can save a lot buy simply buying a machine which comes within a 100 dollar range.
Some essential maintenance tips
- The air compressor needs to be maintained pretty well. One of the most important maintenance tips to follow is to maintain adequate pressure inside the tank while using the machine and release that pressure when the work gets finished. Ideal air pressure may cause the moisture to develop inside the tank and may lead to rust and premature failure.
- The next important maintenance tip to follow is to make sure that the air tools are always kept in a pristine condition. Keep them safe, free of dust and also check if periodic coiling is required. If you have any doubts then you should consult the manual.
- If you are using a pneumatic compressor which has a smaller tank then avoid frequent on-off positions. If not followed it may lead to overheating of the machine and it can cause sudden failure.
- The solution to overheating can be achieved by using a smaller tank and keep it ON position most of the time. Otherwise, go for a bigger tank so that the air compression intervals are longer. The best thing is that there are two auxiliary tanks that are connected and works perfectly.
After learning so many good points about the best air compressor, it is now time to buy the perfect machine for your work and use it for a long period of time without any technical difficulties. To learn more, you can find here to get more about how to maintain an air compressor.